Youth Project Fieldworker furthering young peoples engagement and participation with creative writing.
As Youth Project Fieldworker, Hayley furthered young peoples engagement and participation with creative writing through the production of Page Talk Young Writers’ Festival, workshop facilitation, the curation of immersive performance and well-being analysis.
Key aspects of the role included;
- Help children and young people engage with creative writing as audiences and participants, including through Arts Award
- Developing the skills and talents of young writers
- Increase and improve opportunities for young people
- Analise and document the impact the creative writing has on a young persons sense of well-being
- Produce, project manage and promote opportunities, such as Page Talk Young Writers’ Festival
- Facilitate creative writing workshops (Write On! young writers’ groups) and produce work for performance
- Produce and direct immersive events to showcase the talents of young people.
Hayley’s role as Youth Project Fieldworker was funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation an independent grant-making organisation focusing on the arts, education and social justice.